Tuesday 18 October 2011

Starting of the Iron Man Project

I've been going thought a number of different sites and I've found the full set of armour for Iron Man and War Machine. I'll stick with Iron Man for the time being but it might be an idea to continue later with the War Machine for a side kick :)

I'm starting off with the helmet because it looks quite complicated and requires a little more time and detail. Looking at the rest of the armour, it seems relatively easy with large piece. The next piece I want to move onto is the glove and arm. Other then the helmet, the glove and arm would give the most visual impact and I can also see how big the palm is to see how big the lights I need to make.
 Here's a sample of the pepakura files printed out. As you can see, this one sheet is really really detailed and quite complicated.

I've used 160gsm paper because I don't know what card stock is and searching the web doesn't help. from what I've found, it can range from 130gsm to 260gsm.

This is mostly everything cut out. If you can see from this pic, I tryed to stay accurate where it's meant to be a solid side, but if there was a flap that was going to get glued, I allowed some more space. This was to allow me to speed up slightly because there was a lot to cut out.

No comments:

Post a Comment