Saturday 22 October 2011

Iron Man helmet glueing together


 This is the chin, Everything was relatively easy except for the bottom middle part. The lowest part of the chin was easy to make, but the edge connecting it to the rest of the chin was a nightmare. In the end, I just used some masking tape to hold it into place. Once it get's fibre glassed, I shouldn't need to worry about it.

 This is the one of the side sections, the ear. There's another part that I can put on top of this. I believe it was designed like this to allow the ear part to be moved around however you'd like. I'm wondering if there's something I can hide in there or something special I can use it for...... or do I have to hollow it out.

 It doesn't like like it but this is the top of the head. The two open parts on the left and right look like rails for the mask to come up and down. It might be an idea.

 This is the back of the head. It looks like the back can fold up so if it's needed, I can somehow cut it up and push it up.

 Good god, this is the mask. The eyes are a nightmare.The eyes were the first thing I started with and I still haven't been able to complete it because I just can't see how it's all meant to fit together. What's even more annoying is that it requires the eyes to be able to fit together. The eyes also look completely sealed so I'm going to need to think of a way to see through them.

 This is like the forehead part. It doesn't look like anything and it was pretty fiddly to glue the middle part in. It might be an idea to glue them in a different order next time so that I can get in there.

As you can see in some of the pictures, I'm using pretstik to glue everything together. It looks a little crazy, but I seem to be making it work. I can put the pieces together and still move it around a bit to get the right position before holding it to glue together.

No comments:

Post a Comment