Friday 20 April 2012

3D printer - it's alive!!

Yes, the printer is complete..... ish



I'm very sure that there are parts still not finished or loose. If you can see in this picture, there are 2 blue bars, one across the top right of my machine and one at the back left. The one across the top is because when I was tightening the Y-axis belt, I must have been too tight and it altered the length to be ever to slightly short so I've put the jig there to hopefully stop it from getting any shorter and maybe push it apart to the correct length. It's not going to work, but at least it's not too far out. The one at the back is because the motors or something else was in the way when I had to tighten the corner posts to the poles and the lower one likes to move so the jig is there to stop it from moving away. It's worked so far but I'd like to attach a more permanent feature later. The wiring was a bit of a nightmare. There's no pictures or real description as to where the conduits are meant to go and if there are, the picture is too close up to the object and you can't tell where it is, or the description is just too vague. What also doesn't seem to want to fit are the big M6 bolts that go into the build platform. It's creating a new screw groove, but it feels like it's about to break, and I'm not really keen on risking it at the moment. I'll try to deal with it later, but for now, it's just going to have to sit like that.

Something they must really need to change is the placement of the control panel. the conduit is clearly in the way of the Z belt. I've been moving it around to try and find a better place for it, but even looking at the design of it, It should go somewhere else and not there.

No comments:

Post a Comment